You can capture the entire screen into a video with “Desktop” recording function.
Start Desktop Recording
You can start “Desktop” recording by clicking the “Desktop” button of the Dr.Capture window or pressing its hot key.
1) Start recording by the “Desktop” button of the Dr.Capture window.
- Select the “Video” tab of the Dr.Capture window.
- Press the “Desktop” button and the “Capture Wizard” window will pop up.
- Set the quality of video and select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ for capturing of the cursor and the sound on the Wizard window.
- Press the “Start” button of the Wizard window to start recording.
2) Start recording by the hot key. (default hot key ‘Ctrl + Alt + 1’)
In case of using the hot key, recording starts immediately without popup of the wizard window. In this case, the previous recording setup values will be used as the recording setup values. If hot keys don’t work, see here.
The various information such as recording method, recording file size, recording resolution, recording time and the recording control buttons will be displayed on the Dr.Capture window after recording start.
Pause / Resume Desktop Recording
To pause recording, click the “Pause” button of the Dr.Capture window. To restart recording, click the “Resume” button.
You can also pause recording by pressing the “Desktop” hot key and resume recording by pressing the “Desktop” hot key again.
Stop Desktop Recording
You can stop “Desktop” recording in two ways.
1) Click the “Stop” button of the Dr.Capture window.
2) Press the capture-stop hot key. (default hot key ‘Ctrl + Shift + Alt + 0’)
When a game runs in full screen mode, you can record gameplay into a video by pressing the “Desktop” recording hot key.
When gameplay is recorded by “Desktop” recording function, FPS(Frames Per Second) is displayed on the left top corner of the game screen. FPS is red while recording is in progress and turns to green when recording is paused.
If you want to record the game which is running in windowed mode, use “Window” or “Box Area” recording function.
For details on game recording, see here.
The recorded file is created in the format of
“Video Save Folder \ Capture Date \ DesktopSerialNumber.mpg”.
Ex) C: \ Users \ SGKSoft \ Videos \ DrCapture \ 2012-07-18 \ Desktop0001.mpg
You can check the video save folder in here.
Action After Capture
You can select one of followings for an action which be executed automatically after capture.
1) Play the recorded file with Media Player.
2) Open the folder which contains the recorded file with Explorer.
3) No action.
You can set these options on the setup window. See here for more details.